It saddens Black Smoke Bullies to announce that Quebec has voted to follow Ontorio’s Pit Bull ban. What does this mean for Pit Bull owners? This sadistic and discriminatory law means that Quebec’s Pitbull owners have until January 1, 2017 to quote “get rid of their dogs.” Furthermore, law makers do not care how you “dispose” of your dogs, just that you do in the allotted time frame. Additionally, owners have until January 1, 2017, to have dogs in this category removed (see below) will be fined $1,000 per offense and the dogs will be seized and destroyed. This is a very serious matter and we hope that you stand with us and support all anti-BSL laws. Please go out and vote against this legislation, speak for these dogs, and share and make others ware of what is happening! Please don’t let “them” kill our family members. Stand up for this breed who has no voice.
Below is a list of dog included in this ban.
Quebec’s List of “Pitbull” Dogs
Pitbulls, as defined by the lawmakers in Quebec and many areas of Canada are as follows:
- American Pit Bull Terrier (aka Pitbull or APBT)
- American Staffordshire Terrier (aka Amstaff)
- Bull Terrier
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier (aka Staffy Bull)
- Any mixes of these breeds
- Any dog resembling a purebred or mix of these breeds – “any dog that has an appearance and physical characteristics that are substantially similar” – meaning if it looks like a Pit or Pit mix and you can’t prove (through a reputable purebred registry) it is a breed aside from the above listed breeds, it is a “Pitbull”.
We hope that even if you are not in this area that you stand up, speak out, and get angry about this type of legislation. Additionally, no breed is safe. In fact, there are over 75 breeds (including many of the traditional “family breeds” that are on the BSL/Vicious Dogs list. These breeds include Golden Retrievers and Labrador Retrievers, the Pug and even French Bulldogs! Hence, lawmakers with an agenda will NOT stop with these breeds. Moreover, this is a ridiculous law, and again, we hope you stand with us to fight BSL!